Leading the Way
- The first CARF-accredited rehabilitation program in Ohio
- CARF-accredited stroke rehabilitation program
- Specialized clinics, including women’s health, SaeboFlex, functional capacity evaluations, spasticity, low vision and amputee
- One of only seven sites for experimental spinal cord therapy funded by a grant from the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation
- Driving rehab program with the only high-tech van in the state
- Hand clinic with two certified hand therapists
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Rehabilitation Services is consistently ranked among the 10 best rehabilitation programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report. We offer one of the most comprehensive care systems for patients with inpatient acute therapy, inpatient acute rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation therapy as well as certified hand therapy. Our specialized programs offer a level of excellence that attracts patients from across the country.
Innovative Programs & Services
- Patients admitted from across the country for participation in our accredited programs in brain injury, spinal cord injury and stroke rehabilitation
- 30-bed Traumatic Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury Unit
- 30-bed Stroke and General Rehab Unit
- Nationally recognized safety coach program
- Social work and rehab psychology intervention
- Strong community and work re-entry model with collaboration with Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation (BVR) and local resources
- Nationally recognized seating and positioning clinic (includes pressure mapping and SmartWheel propulsion training)
Excellence in Patient Care
- Emphasis on patient and family education and specialized services, such as driver’s education, support groups and independent living apartment
- Interdisciplinary team approach for neurological patients including stroke, spinal cord or brain injury
- CARF-accredited for spinal cord injury and outpatient medical rehabilitation
At Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center, our rehabilitation therapists have a wide variety of opportunities for professional development, including research-related activities, continuing education credits and outcomes development. There’s also an opportunity to contribute to the future of the physical therapy profession. Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center Rehabilitation Department is affiliated with the School of Allied Medical Professions as a clinical site for School of Allied Medical Profession students.
Learn more about rehabilitation services career opportunities by e-mailing email@example.com or searching through a list of current openings.