The Ohio State University Medical Center Respiratory Therapy Department will present the Current Concepts in Respiratory Care (CCRC) conference on Thursday, April 3, 2014. This conference takes place at the Aladdin Shrine Center 3850 Stelzer Road in Columbus, Ohio. We attract more than 800 respiratory therapists, nurses and physicians from Ohio and surrounding regions to this conference yearly. This conference has attracted the largest presence of respiratory care professionals in the state of Ohio.
As the title of the educational conference suggests, it is the mission of the CCRC planning committee to provide educational content that is cutting edge and includes the most recent advances in respiratory care. This includes sharing completed and ongoing research, evidence-based practice and updates that directly impact the care of critically ill patients.
- Understand changes to the definition of ventilator associated events (VAE), possible ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP), and probable VAPs.
- Provide an update on new diagnostic and therapeutic strategies in lung cancer.
- Discuss the history, outcome measures and indications for lung transplants.
- Identify why risk-taking is essential for personal and professional success.
- Discuss alternatives to traditional intubation.
- Recognize key concepts in the management of CF related lung disease and appreciate the role that chest physiotherapy and airway clearance plays in successful treatment.
- Understand the role of the interventional pulmonologist in the field of pulmonary medicine.
- Further explain the changing healthcare environment and its focus on value.
Cost and Registration
The cost of the conference is $55 and $25 for student respiratory therapists. Brochures will be mailed out in January 2014. Registration for this conference begins January 2014 by mailing in a check or online by credit card using the buttons above. Deadline for registration is March 13 or when seating capacity is met. The brochure can be found here.
Please click on the links to the left for more information or contact Andrea Yagodich or Amanda Zeid at 614-293-3663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: No Nursing CEUs will be provided this year.