Ranked as a Top Heart Hospital by U.S.News & World Report
Ohio State’s Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital was recognized in the 2013 survey by U.S.News & World Report as a leader in cardiology and heart surgery, ranking 36th out of nearly 5,000 hospitals around the country.
Personalized Care and Patient Satisfaction
The Ross Heart Hospital combines the latest technology with outstanding, patient-focused care to create the best possible healing environment and outcome for our patients
- Each floor of the 290,000 square foot, 150-bed hospital is dedicated to a specific service, such as cardiac surgery or vascular medicine. This design helps us provide specialized care for every patient.
- Our universal room model allows most patients to stay in the same private room and be treated by a dedicated care team during their hospitalization.
- Our personalized approach to health care consistently earns us high scores in patient satisfaction surveys conducted by Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS).
Full Range of Services – From Testing to Transplants
The Ross Heart Hospital provides state-of-the-art facilities for heart and vascular procedures, including:
- Cardiac catheterizations
- Open-heart surgery
- Cardiovascular imaging
- Vascular interventions
- Minimally invasive robotic procedures
- Full range of testing and laboratory services for diagnosing cardiovascular disease.
- National leader for implanting ventricular assist devices (VADs).
- Only adult heart transplant program in central Ohio.
Whatever your condition, we will explore treatment options with you and suggest the best approach to improving your cardiovascular health. View our video to learn more.