If you are interested in becoming a candidate for either deep brain stimulation or spinal cord stimulation at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, you must have a physician referral. Here are the steps to take:
- Patient contacts his/her healthcare provider for an initial evaluation and referral to Ohio State’s Center for Neuromodulation.
- Patient’s healthcare provider completes referral form and submits it to Ohio State’s Center for Neuromodulation.
- Patient is scheduled to receive comprehensive screening and evaluation by our multidisciplinary team.
- Patient and family meet with the physicians to discuss treatment options and surgical information.
- Patient’s case is reviewed by the Ohio State’s Center for Neuromodulation team at the patient management conference. The team makes recommendations about the patient’s care.
- Patient is contacted by the Neuromodulation team with recommendations for care. This includes scheduling surgery and therapy as deemed appropriate by the Center’s team.