General gynecology care at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center addresses your health care needs throughout your lifetime. Our gynecology program continues to be ranked among the top 25 programs in the country by U.S.News and World Report, and our physicians are experts in a variety of gynecologic issues.
Women at all stages of life choose Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center for their gynecologic care. Whether you need a yearly checkup or are experiencing a health concern that requires expert advice, our team of physicians is ready to help.
Why Choose Ohio State?
Women choose our services for many reasons:
- We offer excellent routine care such as annual exams, Pap tests, breast exams, contraception counseling and screening for infections.
- We offer the most advanced surgical services, including robotics and minimally invasive surgical options.
- Our medical staff includes physicians who are experts in menopause care, vulvar disease and diseases of the cervix, and gynecological surgery.
- We provide innovative treatments such as endometrial ablation (a procedure to treat abnormal bleeding that alters the lining of the uterus) and transcervical sterilization (a minimally invasive permanent contraceptive).
- Our physicians are knowledgeable about the latest contraceptive devices.
- We conduct clinical research on a variety of women’s health topics in our efforts to improve the care of women.
Our caring, highly trained physicians will work with you to address a variety of women’s health issues.
Our services include:
Well Woman Care – Annual exams, contraception counseling, screening for sexually transmitted diseases, cervical cancer screening (Pap test), breast exams and referrals for mammography and bone density testing.
Colposcopy Clinic – Evaluation and treatment for women with abnormal Pap tests. We evaluate cervical dysplasia and provide treatment to prevent cervical cancer.
Vulvar Clinic – We evaluate diseases of the vulva and chronic skin conditions of the vulvar region.
Contraception and Family Planning Clinic – We counsel women about pregnancy planning, unplanned pregnancy and contraception. We provide all contraceptive methods including intrauterine devices (IUDs), sterilization and hormonal contraceptive implants.
Menopause Clinic – We provide counseling on what to expect during menopause and how to manage symptoms of menopause, including hormone replacement therapy.
Gynecological Robotic Surgery – We perform gynecologic surgery with robotic and laparoscopic instruments for a variety of conditions, including myomectomy (removal of uterine fibroids) and hysterectomies (surgical removal of the uterus). These surgical techniques offer the benefit of smaller incisions and a faster recovery.
- Deborah Bartholomew, MD
- Michael Blumenfeld, MD
- Catherine Cansino, MD, MPH
- Cynthia Evans, MD
- Melissa Goist, MD
- Geri Hewitt, MD
- Michelle Isley, MD, MPH
- Lisa Keder, MD, MPH
- Jacqueline Rohl, MD, MPH
- Linbee Sayat, MD
- Jonathan Schaffir, MD
- Katherine Strafford, MD
- Wayne Trout, MD
- Valerie Waddell, MD
OSU Obstetrics & Gynecology
920 North Hamilton Road
Gahanna, OH 43230
OSU Obstetrics & Gynecology at Kenny Road
2020 Kenny Road
Columbus, OH 43221
4053 W. Dublin-Granville Road
Dublin, OH 43017
1581 Dodd Drive
Columbus, OH 43210