All Talbot Hall patient information is protected under federal law far exceeding HIPAA privacy practices. No disclosure of any type may be made to an unauthorized person or organization except:
- the client has consented in writing or by an approved Release of Information
- disclosure is compelled by a court order (a subpoena is not sufficient to force disclosure)
- in the case of a medical emergency
- if there is a reasonable report of child abuse or neglect
- if the client is an active threat to self or others
- in the case of research, when client identity is untraceable.