Ohio State has always been on the forefront of pioneering new ways to perform traditional surgeries in less invasive ways using robotic technology. The Center for Advanced Robotic Surgery is a unique program that combines:
- More than 35 robotically-skilled surgeons working in more than 10 different specialties, backed by multidisciplinary teams including specialists in medical oncology and radiation oncology, among others
- One of the most experienced surgical support teams of nurses and technicians in the country
- Expertise in more than 80 robotic procedures for more than 25 different conditions, including complex cases
- Evidence-based research and clinical trials in robotics, several initiated at The Ohio State University
- Experience training hundreds of other physicians and surgical teams in robotic techniques, many of which were pioneered at OSU
The Center for Advanced Robotic Surgery provides a unique opportunity for surgeons to expand across specialties and showcase their experience. Patients choosing to have their robotic surgery at Ohio State’s Center for Advanced Robotic Surgery not only benefit from the world-class expertise of their surgeon, but from the unmatched experience and continued advancements only possible through such a progressive robotics program.
The experts are at Ohio State.
Ohio State physicians were the first in the country to perform surgery with the da Vinci® robot, and we’ve been leading the field ever since. Performing roughly 1,600 robotic surgeries a year, we have the most experienced robotic surgical team in Ohio, and we offer the most comprehensive robotics program. Our expertise in urologic, gynecologic and heart robotic surgery for both malignant and benign conditions is unmatched in the region, and many of the most respected medical institutions across the nation look to us for robotic training.
We are continuously expanding our robotic capabilities and researching new ways to help patients benefit from this state-of-the-art technology.