The Healthy Living program is a three-month personalized, self-guided program at The Ohio State University Center for Wellness and Prevention (CWP). Healthy Living helps you achieve a healthier lifestyle through weight loss by addressing good nutrition, behavior change and exercise. It is designed for those who are self-motivated and looking for some guidance, without the structure of weekly classes.
Healthy Living includes:
- One-hour initial orientation with a health coach to discuss your goals for your personalized plan.
- Two sessions (30 minutes each) with the health professional of your choice: exercise specialist, dietitian, health coach or behaviorist. Sessions may include topics, such as: meal planning, fitness assessments, exercise prescription/guidance, time management, handling stress and goal-setting
- Optional MedGem test (provides a measurement of oxygen consumption to determine how many calories you burn a day, also known as your resting metabolic rate)
- Three 30-minute health coaching workshops
- 11 weekly 10-minute check-ins with the health professional who best meets your needs
- 30-minute wrap up meeting with the health coach at the end of the 12 weeks to summarize progress
- Payment due in full at orientation
- Payment options available
Since there are no regularly scheduled classes with Healthy Living, the program schedule is flexible. After you attend your initial orientation, you will set up mutually acceptable dates and times for your Healthy Living sessions.