Live well and flourish by taking advantage of mind-body therapies and stress management opportunities at The Ohio State University Integrative Medicine Clinic. We provide the highest quality mind-body services to increase calm, confidence, clarity and comfort. We offer educational experiences related to stress-reduction, mindfulness, resilience and more. And we incorporate the latest research on mind-body therapies and their optimal role in health and healing into your personalized care.
At Ohio State’s Integrative Medicine Clinic, you have:
- The convenient and comprehensive care you deserve in one location
- Access to other health services in the same location including massage, acupuncture and chiropractic
- Access to additional Ohio State resources, such as cognitive behavioral therapy offered through the Department of Psychiatry, dialectical behavioral therapy offered through the Department of Psychology, and the Stress Trauma And Resilience (STAR) program
- Access to classes in yoga, tai chi, mindfulness, stress-reduction and more
- Free and convenient parking
Benefits of Mind-Body Therapies
According to the National Institutes of Health and the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
, mind-body therapies focus on interactions among the brain, mind, body and behavior. The mind can affect physical functioning and promote health.
Types of Mind-Body Therapies
Frequently Asked Questions
- I don’t have a psychiatric diagnosis. Can I still benefit from mind-body therapies?
Yes. You do not need to have a diagnosis to learn new skills and new ways of managing your attention, thoughts and emotions. Almost everyone can benefit from learning and strengthening these skills.
- I have a real disease. It’s NOT just “in my head.” Why would I benefit from a mind-body therapy?
Real diseases cause suffering and stress. Mind-body therapies are excellent tools for helping reduce both suffering and stress and learning or strengthening resilience and coping skills. Many studies have shown the benefits of mind-body therapies for reducing pain and improving other symptoms such as fatigue, nausea, itch and insomnia.
- I am healthy but my loved one is suffering. Could mind-body therapies help me?
Yes! Caring for a loved one who is suffering is stressful. It demands clarity, compassion, wisdom, mindfulness and careful attention to details of medical care and relationships. Mind-body therapies can strengthen your capacity to stay clear, calm and compassionate so you can be an even better caregiver.
Will insurance cover mind-body/stress management services?
Insurance coverage varies by carrier. Check with your health plan to see if these services are covered for you, and if you need your doctor to give you a referral. There is no insurance coverage at this time for any class, but many of our online resources are available at no cost.
See the Clinicians page for a list of our mind-body specialists and call 614-293-9777 to schedule an appointment.
Find a Class
See the Classes page for information on upcoming classes. Our qualified instructors offer a variety of learning experiences including yoga, tai chi, meditation, mindfulness, and more.
Follow theses links for free downloadable recordings related to mind-body health: Guided Imagery Practices,
Heart-Centered Practices, Mindfulness Practices, Relaxation Response.