This laboratory listing includes areas throughout the OSU Wexner Medical Center that perform testing listed in the Laboratory Guide to Services.
Locations, Hours and Directions
- OSUMC inpatients and outpatients: 614-293-8375
- Pathology results: 614-293-5905
- James Oncology patients: 614-293-8616
- Outreach patients: 1-800-227-5062 or 614-293-9281
Laboratory Services will be performed at the written or electronic order of a physician or authorized practitioner.
A written or electronic request must be presented at the Laboratories’ Patient Service Center. The request must contain all of the following information:
- Patient’s full first and last name
- Attending physician name (if different from ordering physician)
- Date of birth
- Service(s) requested
- Identification number (if available)
- Diagnosis (ICD9) code for clinical indications for request; i.e. signs, symptoms, diagnosis
- Ordering physician/practitioner name and signature. Eelectronic signatures usually contain date and timestamps and include printed statements (e.g., 'electronically signed by' or 'verified/reviewed by') followed by the physician’s / practitioner’s name and professional designation.)
- Office/clinic Location
- For non-OSU office/clinic: Fax number for results delivery
- For non-OSU physicians/practitioners: NPI number also required
Per OSUWMC Medical Staff Administrative Policy, requests for laboratory services for outpatients that do not include ordering physician/practitioner signature or diagnosis information will not be processed until such information is obtained from the ordering physician/practitioner.
Patients are generally seen in the order they arrive at the patient service center unless they have a prescheduled appointment for a tolerance test.