A nationally recognized leader in patient care, education and research, OSU Medical Center is uniquely qualified to provide reliable health information. One of the outstanding resources we provide is the Library for Health Information (LHI).
The Library for Health Information can help you find trustworthy, valid information on any health topic.This information complements the health education you are receiving from your healthcare providers. For personal medical advice see your doctor. If you do not have a physician, please refer to our Centralized Physician Database.
The LHI has been providing free consumer health information in a variety of languages to the public since July 1996. The LHI is the consumer health branch of the John A. Prior Health Sciences Library, a member of The Ohio State University library system.
Our services include:
- Help from a professional, trained staff
- Personalized health information
- Computer access, copier & fax service
- Information delivery in hospital or by mail at no charge
Information resources include:
- Consumer health books and magazines for adults and children
- Medical textbooks
- Health audiovisual library
- Easy-to-read health pamphlets and brochures
- Access to online subscription health and medical databases
- Leisure reading library of non-health books
The library can help you:
- Understand more about health and illness
- Understand treatment choices
- Find out about alternative medicine and clinical trials
- Gain a better understanding of questions to ask your healthcare team
Hours of Operation
Monday -Thursday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., EST
Friday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
24 hour e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
24 hour voicemail: (614) 293-3707
| Abigail Jones,
Consumer Health Librarian
| Some of our specially trained volunteer staff. Left to right, back row: Adele, Pat, Eleanor, Chryssoula, Ginger, Sandy, Jackie. Front row: Chris, Carolyn, Ruth, Maude, Marcy, Bob.|
Requests for health information are protected by HIPAA regulations. After we send your health information, your name and address are destroyed.