Please, be a partner in your care and take a few minutes to watch this short safety video that will touch on key safety points and further prepare you for your stay with us and what you can expect.
If you are having surgery at the Ambulatory Surgical Unit (ASU) at OSU Medical Center's main campus, watch this short video to have a better understanding of what to expect the day of your surgery.
Before your visit, you may want to gather this information and these items:
- Your insurance card and identification including your social security number
- Previous tests and radiology reports, if you have them
- Names, addresses, phone numbers of other doctors who are treating you or referred you
- Personal health information including dates when events occurred and any allergies you may have to medications
- Family health history information listing significant conditions that affected family members directly related to you
- A list of medications including the name, dosage and how often you take these medicines (or bring along empty bottles with the labels still intact)
- A list of questions or concerns you may want to discuss with the doctor or nurse
- Please note: Electrical appliances including hair dryers, curling irons, razors, radios, heating pads, portable heaters,VCRs and other devices are not permitted in patient rooms. You may use only battery-operated devices.