Being hospitalized and experiencing an injury or illness can be stressful. Ohio State Medical Center's Rehabilitation team is here to help ensure you and your family have the resources and information you need to be prepared for your hospital stay.
Things to Consider before Your Stay
Ohio State Medical Center's Department of Social Work can help you and your family understand and apply for a variety of financial resources. These may include:
- Social Security
- Victims of Crime
- Bureau of Motor Vehicles Claims Program
- Hospital Care Assurance Program
We suggest that you and your family make financial arrangements early. Community agencies often can help find funding for home modifications and medical equipment.
Patient Financial Services
Hours: (M-F) 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
What to Bring
Checklist of Recommended Insurance Information:
- Current health insurance card with policy and telephone number
- Name, address, telephone number of employer
- Medicare identification card (if applicable)
- Public assistance card (if eligible for Medicaid, ADC or General Relief)
- If you have a healthcare power of attorney or living will, please bring a copy of the document.
Dressing is an important skill in rehabilitation. You need to wear casual clothes that are lightweight and comfortable such as sports clothing. Please write your name on all clothing with a permanent marker.
Checklist of Suggested Personal Items
- Slacks, sweatpants or jeans (4-5 changes)
- Blouses/shirts (4-5 changes)
- Night wear (4-5 changes)
- Undergarments (4-5 changes)
- Shoes with non-skid sloes
- Jacket, sweater or coat
- Detergent (if you want to use washer and dryer)
- Special equipment currently used
- Medication currently taken
Please avoid bringing valuable items and money to reduce security risks.
Laundry is the responsibility of the family. Each nursing unit has a washer and dryer that can be used free of charge. Families must provide laundry detergent.