It’s great to be a volunteer with The Wexner Medical Center at The Ohio State University, an academic medical center that’s creating the future of medicine to improve people’s lives.
- Making a difference in the lives of patients and families
- Parking at no charge when volunteering
- Annual recognition event
- Gift Shop discount on Ohio State logo items
- Being a part of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Volunteers serve in three main ways: assisting staff in patient care areas, providing information and service to families and working in clerical or office capacities.
We request a minimum 50-hour commitment or six months of service. Most volunteers commit to one three-or four-hour shift per week. Day, evening and weekend shifts are available. In addition, there may also be project opportunities depending on your unique skills and interests.
All adult volunteers must also purchase a uniform.
Adult Applicant Screening Process:
- Reference checks and medical clearance
– Must provide proof of receiving the annual flu vaccine
- Criminal background check (including fingerprints)
- Position-specific training
If it sounds like Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center is for you, Adult Volunteer Application to print out and complete the volunteer application. If you have a hospital preference, please select that hospital and mail the application there. Otherwise, you can mail the application to any hospital. We will review your application to determine which hospital can best meet your needs and will contact you.
NOTE: The adult application is intended for prospective volunteers who are at least 18 years of age and not currently an undergraduate student. Undergraduate students interested in volunteering at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center should register as college volunteers.